Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Get in the Habit of Fitness
1. Exercise even when you don’t have the time. 15 minutes of exercise is better than 0.
2. Invest in a fitness tracker to help determine your activity level outside of the gym.
3. Chang it up. Don’t do the same workout day after day. Find an exciting new way to get your fitness in.
4. Tired? Instead of skipping a workout, focus on how great you'll feel after.
5. Don't wait for an occasion to get in shape. Waiting until an anniversary, reunion, etc. will just create unrealistic expectations and make you feel unsuccessful even if you have been extremely successful. Make fitness your lifestyle & not just a phase.
6. Eat REAL FOOD. Everything in moderation! It’s healthy food not diet food.
7. Limit the time you spend drinking to the weekend. No weeknight beers or happy hours.
8. Even if you can’t make it to the gym, doing workouts at home is better than nothing! Look up some exercises on Pinterest or do a DVD. You won’t regret it.
9. Workout even when you’re sore. Light-cardio can actually help soreness.
10. Focus on how you want to feel rather than how you want to look.
11. Don’t set unrealistic goals to yourself. Be proud that you made it to the gym rather than push yourself to run 10 miles.
12. Get enough sleep! It is crucial to get the proper amount of rest so that you can get the results you want.
13. Be proud of the results you’ve achieved. Don’t beat yourself up for the results you haven’t. remember fitness is a journey & not a destination.